Part Eight of our Kettlebell Home Workout Series continues with the Slingshot exercise.
The kettlebell slingshot is a fast paced movement that strengthens your core, arms and shoulders. Here’s how to perform the kettlebell slingshot:
- Grab the kettlebell in your right hand with your palm facing your body. Stand up straight with your feet a shoulder width apart and a slight bend in your knees.
- Bring both your arms out in-front of your body and pass the kettlebell from your right hand to your left hand.
- Swing your left arm out to your left side and then behind your body.
- Bring your right arm behind your body and pass the kettlebell from your left hand to your right hand.
- Swing your right arm out to your right side and then in-front of your body.
- Bring your left arm in-front of your body and pass the kettlebell from your right hand to your left hand.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for 4-8 reps if you want to mainly focus on developing larger and stronger muscles or 12-16 reps if you want to primarily focus on improving your coordination and cardiovascular fitness.
- When you’ve completed your preferred number of reps passing the kettlebell in an anti-clockwise motion, repeat the exercise for your preferred number of reps while passing the kettlebell in a clockwise motion.