This is part four of our Kettlebell workout series to increase your fitness level at home.
The kettlebell high pull is a great exercise for developing the strength that’s required to carry out pulling movements. Here’s how to perform the kettlebell high pull:
- Stand with your feet a shoulder width apart and the kettlebell on the ground in-between your legs.
- Bend your legs and lower your body down, stopping when your butt is in-line with your knees. Bend forward at the waist while keeping your back and arms straight, then grab the kettlebell with both hands and your palms facing your body.
- Straighten your legs and stand up straight. As you do this, pull back your shoulders, lift the kettlebell off the ground and bring your hands underneath your chin while pointing your elbows up.
- Bend your legs, lower your body back down to the starting position and place the kettlebell on the ground.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for 4-8 reps if you want to mainly focus on developing larger and stronger muscles or 12-16 reps if you want to primarily focus on improving your coordination and cardiovascular fitness.