Our Kettlebell Fitness series continues with part five – The Lunge Press.
The kettlebell lunge press is a multi-functional movement that targets numerous muscles in your upper and lower body. Here’s how to perform the kettlebell lunge press:
- Grab the kettlebell with your right hand, bend your right arm and hold it by your shoulder. Take a big step forward with your right foot and get in a wide stance.
- Bend your right leg and lower your body down, stopping just before your right knee touches the ground. As you do this, straighten your right arm and press the kettlebell up above your head.
- Straighten your right leg, step back with your left foot and stand up straight with your feet together. As you do this, bend your right arm and bring the kettlebell down next to your right shoulder.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for 4-8 reps if you want to mainly focus on developing larger and stronger muscles or 12-16 reps if you want to primarily focus on improving your coordination and cardiovascular fitness.
- When you’ve completed your preferred number of reps with the kettlebell in your right hand, transfer it to your left hand, bend your left arm and hold it by your shoulder. Take a big step forward with your left foot and get in a wide stance.
- Repeat the exercise for your preferred number of reps with the kettlebell in your left hand and by stepping your left foot forward.