Here is Part Six of our Kettlebell Home Fitness Workout series – the Russian Swing.
The kettlebell Russian swing is one of the most popular kettlebell movements because of its versatility. It builds your muscles, enhances your balance, improves your core stability, increases your range of motion and much more. Here’s how to perform the kettlebell Russian swing:
- Stand up straight with your feet a shoulder width apart and the kettlebell on the ground in-between your legs.
- Bend your legs and grab the kettlebell with both hands, making sure your palms are facing your body. Bring the kettlebell up to knee height and keep your legs slightly bent.
- Bend your legs and lower your body down until your butt is in-line with your knees.
- Straighten your legs, thrust forward and swing the kettlebell up in-front of your body. Use your glutes and shoulders to propel the swinging motion.
- Bend your legs and swing the kettlebell down between your legs.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for 4-8 reps if you want to mainly focus on developing larger and stronger muscles or 12-16 reps if you want to primarily focus on improving your coordination and cardiovascular fitness.